KDN has four active action teams that develop strategic priorities to improve diabetes outcomes across Kentucky.
Community Education and Advocacy Action Team
Goals: Increase, Promote, and Facilitate:
- The Community Education and Advocacy Action Team will address two goals for 2018: 1. Working with key policy makers 2. Expanding diabetes messages with the faith communities throughout Kentucky.
- Working with key policy makers will be a two step process: 1.Design a small Diabetes Day at the Capitol rally with key message points 2. Share DPP and DSMES messages with local and state legislators monthly.
- The Faith community project will include research on existing faith community wellness programs and collaborating to share our diabetes tools and resources.
TO JOIN THIS ACTION TEAM
Community Education and Advocacy Action Team Efforts Include:
- Legislative Campaign shared with local, state and national policymakers.
- Educational efforts to inform members of current legislation updates.
Ways to Contact Your Legislators:
To find your legislator, select the button below to visit the Kentucky General Assembly website and search for your legislator(s) based on your address, city, and zip code.
Partnerships & Networking Action Team
Tools and Resources
Action Team Minutes:
2nd Quarter – June 12th, 2020