Please follow the THREE STEPS BELOW TO IDENTIFY your legislator and MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
- CLICK on the LINKs below to find your congressman or legislator.
- Call your local legislator office to set up appointment.
- Get confirmation and prepare for your KEY MESSAGING on the need for their Advocacy for Diabetes.
A special thank you to our legislators that have supported Kentuckians with diabetes.
Legislative accomplishments related to diabetes from the last several years:
- Passing a joint resolution directing the Department for Medicaid Services to study the potential impacts of implementing programs similar to the Kentucky Employees’ Health Plan’s Diabetes Value Benefit plan and Diabetes Prevention Program for Medicaid beneficiaries in the Commonwealth. (SJR 7 – 2019)
- Amend KRS 217.215 to permit pharmacists to dispense a prescription refill in an amount equal to the standard unit of dispensing for the drug without authorization by the prescribing practitioner in emergency situations in which such authorization may not be readily or easily obtained; require the Board of Pharmacy to promulgate administrative regulations to carry out these provisions. (HB 64 – 2019)
- Passing a law that allows non-licensed school employees to volunteer to be trained to help children with diabetes with essential care tasks, including administration of insulin. It also allows children to self-manage their diabetes while at school if they are capable of doing so. (2014)
- Passing the Diabetes Educator’s Licensure Law in Kentucky. (2012)
And a VERY special thank you to those that have contacted their state legislators to speak with them about diabetes-related concerns in the state of Kentucky.
Below are links for facts about diabetes in the state of Kentucky. Click the links to open a new window and view the PDF.