We will use a small machine called a blood glucose meter and collect a small drop of your blood to tell us how much sugar is in your blood.
- Clean your finger with an alcohol wipe to make sure it is free of germs.
- Gently rub your finger to get blood flowing which makes the test easier and quicker.
- Use a lancing device and touch it to your fingertip. On the count of three we will press a button and you will feel a small prick. A small drop of blood will appear on your fingertip.
- Touch the drop of blood to the glucose meter so it can read your blood sugar.
- Wipe away any extra blood and give you a band aid for your finger.